Applications are invited for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships 2024. The application closing date to apply for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships is May 7, 2024. It is highly recommended that the most gifted students with exceptional academic records apply for UCL Master’s degrees in the UK. This is the most amazing chance for students to attend world-class universities in the United Kingdom. International students who apply for UCL scholarships are eligible for additional benefits during their study program in addition to tuition fee repayment up to a certain amount.
Table of contents
- About University College London
- About UCL
- UCL Global Masters Scholarships Details
- Academic Affairs
- UCL Academic
- UCL Events & Activities
- Undocumented?: An exhibition on migration between Odessa and Istanbul
- Fees and Funding
- Life at UCL
- Term Dates and Closures
- Financial Benefits
- Eligibility Criteria
- Required Documents
- Application Deadline
- How To Apply?
- Frequently Asked Questions
The 2024–25 UCL Global Master’s Scholarships are available in the UK to students with financial needs who cannot afford to attend universities in Europe for further education. Students who receive the University College London scholarship can study in a highly regarded setting with top-notch research faculty. Students from different cultural and religious backgrounds can come together through UCL scholarships to foster community understanding, cooperation, harmony, and cultural sharing. By encouraging ideals like diversity, inclusion, and equity among their students, UCL respects individual beliefs and encourages the development of one’s own identity.
About University College London
London, United Kingdom’s University College London, or UCL for short, is a public research university. In terms of overall student enrollment, it is the second-largest university in the UK, and in terms of postgraduate student enrollment, it is the largest. It started operating in 1826. The first university to be founded in London was UCL. UCL has 43,840 enrolled students as of 2020. Eighth in the world, second in London, third in the United Kingdom, and fourth in Europe, according to the QS World University Rankings for 2022.
Founded in 1826 in the heart of London, UCL is London’s leading multidisciplinary university, with more than 16,000 staff and 50,000 students from over 150 different countries. We are a diverse community with the freedom and courage to challenge, to question, and to think differently. Through a progressive approach to teaching and research, our world-leading academics, curious students, and outstanding staff continually pursue excellence, break boundaries, and make an impact on real-world problems.
UCL is a diverse global community of world-class academics, students, industry links, external partners, and alumni. Our powerful collective of individuals and institutions works together to explore new possibilities. Our distinctive approach to research, education, and innovation seeks to further inspire our communities to transform how the world is understood, how knowledge is created and shared, and the way that global problems are solved.
UCL Global Masters Scholarships Details
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Host University: University College London
- Course Level: Master’s Degree Programs
- Financial Coverage: £15,000 / Annum
- Who is eligible? International Students
- Deadline Date: May 7, 2024
- UCL’s Faculty of Arts & Humanities ranks 6th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2024) and is globally recognized for its excellence in both teaching and research.
- Bartlett (Built Environment): As one of the oldest but most radical faculties of its kind, Bartlett has built a reputation for education and research that draws students and academics from across the world.
- Brain Sciences: The Faculty brings together our expertise in psychology, psychiatry, prion diseases, ophthalmology and vision, language sciences, audiology, deafness and hearing, neurology, and related basic neuroscience.
- Engineering Sciences: We work across a broad range of disciplines, but everything we do brings discoveries closer to the people who need them. Proudly part of an open-minded home for arts and sciences within a global city.
- IOE: IOE, UCL’s Faculty of Education and Society, is a world-leading centre for research and teaching in education and social science, ranked number one for education worldwide since 2014 in the QS World University Rankings by Subject.
- Laws: This faculty is one of the leading centres of legal education in the world, combining a strong theoretical foundation in law with practical teaching from world-leading academics and practitioners.
- Life Sciences: This faculty spans an incredible breadth of scientific areas, from fundamental research into the origins of life and evolutionary genetics through structural, molecular, and cell biology, developmental biology, and neuroscience to ecology and biodiversity.
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences: This faculty encompasses the logical, experimental, and mathematical study of our universe. Front-line research feeds directly into our teaching programmes, and our students benefit from access to first-class laboratory facilities.
- Medical Sciences: UCL is 7th in the world for medicine and No. 1 in London*, educating doctors and scientists since 1834. (* QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022). The faculty is also top in the UK for research power in life and medical sciences (REF 2021).
- Population Health Sciences: UCL’s Faculty of Population Health brings together seven institutes whose common aim is to explore the underlying factors that cause ill health and innovate to improve health worldwide.
- Social and Historical Sciences: This faculty is intellectually diverse and widely regarded as world-leading, with the 2022 Times Higher World University Rankings placing our social sciences 13th in the world and our arts and humanities disciplines 5th.
UCL Events & Activities
Find out what’s going on across UCL with UCL Events & Activities, a new resource open to UCL students. This is your one-stop shop for events and activities from across your university, from talks and exhibitions to networking and opportunities to gain new skills and practical experience. Explore our options and find something new to take part in today!
- Lost & Found: Mapping European Literary London
- Lost & Found: Mapping European Literary London is open in the South Cloisters, exploring the relationship between London and European writers through the ages.
- Published by: UCL European Institute, Faculty of Arts & Humanities, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, UCL Faculty of Laws
- 25 October 2023–31 May 2024, 2 p.m.–9:30 pm
Paper Boats: The Pakistani Bengali Story (exhibition and film screening)
- Join this event to view an exhibition and film exploring the experiences of statelessness within the Pakistani and Bengali communities.
- Published by: Social Research Institute, IOE—Education and Society
- 16 November 2023–9 December 2023, 9:30 pm-9:30 pm
Undocumented?: An exhibition on migration between Odessa and Istanbul
- An immersive video installation by artist and academic Nishat Awan, tracing journeys of migration through the edges of Europe.
- Published by: Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, UCL Urban Laboratory
- 30 November 2023–2 February 2024, 11 p.m.–11 pm
Applying to the UCL Faculty of Brain Sciences’ Undergraduate Courses
- Join the UCL Faculty of Brain Sciences for this virtual information session for undergraduate applicants.
- Published by: Faculty of Brain Sciences, Division of Psychology and Language Sciences, The Ear Institute, UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
- 6 December 2023, 4 pm-5:30 pm
Fees and Funding
This guidance looks at how and when you should pay your tuition fees, how much they’ll be, and how to access funding to help you pay for your fees and living expenses while you’re studying with us. There’s also information about what support UCL can provide and how you can manage your budgets. All you need to know is how and when to pay your fees and how much they’ll be. Find out about the funding available to help pay for tuition fees and living costs. If you’re having financial difficulties and need some advice, we’re here to support you. Looking after your finances can be tricky, but good budgeting will help. Student finance information that may be useful during study.
Life at UCL
Studying is an important part of your time at UCL, but there’s lots of living to do as well. Find out more about how you can make the most of life on campus and in London.
- Student Enquiries Centre: The team at the Student Enquiries Centre has a vast amount of working knowledge of all aspects of the working of UCL services.
- Staying safe: How to keep yourself and your belongings safe in London, how to stay safe online and who to contact in an emergency.
Term Dates and Closures
|Monday, September 25, 2023, to Friday, December 15, 2023
|Monday, 8 January 2024, to Friday, March 22, 2024
|Monday, 22 April 2024, to Friday, 7 June 2024
Students on full-time Taught Masters programs usually study for 45 weeks of the full calendar year and students are expected to study beyond the end of the third term to prepare their dissertation in time for submission in September.
Students on full-time 10-month or 2-year Taught master’s programs should ask their Departments when they are expected to study outside the normal stated term dates.
Research students are required to be in continuous attendance, apart from periods of leave to be taken in line with UCL staff holiday entitlements.
For student and Tier 4 visa holders, this means that you will continue to be restricted to term-time levels of permissible hours of work, paid or unpaid.
For 2024–2025, there is a funded scholarship program called UCL Global Masters Scholarships for international students. The following is a description of the covered value in detail:
- A £15,000 annual grant will be given to the successful students.
- Students will have the chance to attend highly regarded research universities.
- The opportunity exists for the students to introduce the global community to their culture.
- A broad range of services about academic and individual support for students’ success in their coursework and future careers.
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted a complete admission application (including the submission of references) for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2024/25. Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
Value, Benefits, And Duration
- There are up to 85 (eighty-five) scholarships available in 2024/25 with five aimed specifically at students from India.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case, the scholarship will be paid 50% of each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or after the UCL Global Masters Scholarship is awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded based on financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
- Completed Online Application Form for scholarship
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (C.V)
- Official Transcripts
- Research Proposal
- Recommendation Letters (two)
- Personal Statement of the Student
The application closing date to apply for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships is May 7, 2024.
How To Apply?
The official website is the best place to go if you want to learn more about Joint UCL Global Masters Scholarships. There are a ton of other things, such as campus life, student amenities, and the policies and procedures surrounding admissions. Find out more about the faculty, researchers, and community service programs at the university. Student handbooks and academic calendars are also accessible to website users. Whether you’re a prospective or current student, or just curious, Click this link to view the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
The UCL Global Masters Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that provides financial assistance to international students from lower-income backgrounds who are pursuing a full-time Master’s degree at UCL.
Be an international student
Be from a lower-income background
Have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s degree program at UCL
Have a strong academic record
The scholarship is worth £15,000 and is tenable for one year only, unless the full-time program is two years in length.
You can apply for the scholarship through the UCL Scholarships and Funding online application form.
The application closing date to apply for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships is May 7, 2024.
Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of academic merit and financial need.
Scholarship decisions will be made in early May 2024.