British Council scholarships for women, Are you a woman with a degree or PhD in a STEM subject and passionate about your study? You could receive a scholarship to study for a master’s degree, or an early academic fellowship, in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics programme at a leading UK university.
For the second year running, the British Council has launched a scholarship programme in partnership with 26 UK universities with the aim of benefiting women from the Americas, South Asia, South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey and Ukraine. We are looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
Table of contents
Why a scholarship programme for British Council scholarships for women in STEM?
This scholarship programme aims to increase opportunities in STEM for girls and women. Globally, female students’ enrolment is particularly low in Information and Communications Technology (three per cent), natural science, mathematics and statistics (five per cent), and engineering, manufacturing and construction (eight per cent).
Eligibility Criteria for British Council Scholarships for women in STEM
|For both Master’s Scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships||Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam|
|For Masters Scholarships only||Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine|
We are looking for women who:
- Are able to take up a course of study in the UK for the year from September/October 2023 – 2024
- A need for financial support.
- Can attain the level of English required for at a UK university
- Are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area
- Are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship.
Main benefits for British Council scholarships for women in STEM
- academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees
- special support for mothers
- English language support
including whether or not you are eligible to apply for a scholarship. Just scroll down to the relevant section of the webpage.
When the Admissions at British Council scholarships are going to open?
Students need not have any prior work experience to be eligible. The applications will open in August 2023.
Deadline for this Scholarship is 29 April 2023. Applications should be made directly to the participating universities. Please follow the links below
Note: If you have submitted an application, you will hear directly from the university about the status of your application.