The University of Sydney Scholarships are now available for International Students to pursue master and Doctoral degrees in Australia. Not only Master’s and doctoral degree programs are being offered in almost all academic fields to students from all over the world by the University of Sydney. For instance, the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) will pay for everything under this scholarship like tuition fees, free accommodation, monthly stipends, medical expenses, and free airfare. In brief, the University of Technology Sydney scholarships are available to students from all countries of the world.
All about the University of Sydney
The University was founded in 1850. It is one of Australia’s oldest universities and the 6 most prominent universities in the country. The University of Sydney consists of 8 academic faculties and schools, in which Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs are being taught. According to the QS World University Rankings, the university ranked 40th in the whole world.
In this university, eight Australian prime ministers, including incumbent Anthony Albanese, two governors-general of Australia, thirteen premiers of New South Wales, including incumbent Dominic Perrotte, 20 justices of the High Court of Australia, as well as four chief justices have been educated. As a result, The University of Sydney has produced 110 Rhodes and 19 Gates Scholars. In summary, there are approximately 75,000 students are pursuing their educational activities in this institution at this time.
Description of The University of Sydney Scholarships:
Scholarship Country: Australia
Host University: University of Sydney
Course Level: BS, MS, and Ph.D. Degrees
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Who is Eligible? International Students
Deadline Date: 30th September 2023
The University of Sydney Scholarships for international students is not only a scholarship but a Fully Funded Scholarship program in Australia. On the whole, the details of the covered expenses under this scholarship are given below:
For Undergraduate Degrees
- An amount of $6000 per year
- A value of $6000 per year for the duration undergraduate degree
- Value of $6000 for one year of an undergraduate degree
Masters and Ph.D. Degrees Details
- Full Tuition Fee
- Free Accommodation
- A stipend of $28,596 per year
- Medical Insurance
- Airfare value of $1,250 for the journey from hometown to Sydney and vice versa
- Reimbursement Funds for a master’s degree is $420 and for Ph.D. is $840
- Maternity Costs
List of Study Fields at The University of Sydney:
The under-mentioned academic fields for study are available at the University of Sydney Scholarships:
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Computer Science
- Medicine and Health
Eligibility Requirements for The University of Sydney Scholarships:
The University of Sydney Scholarships requirements for international students are mentioned as follows:
- All international students from any country are eligible to apply.
- An Undergraduate degree with first or second-class from any university is accepted for a Master of analysis or a Master of Philosophy.
The required documents to apply for University of Sydney Scholarships 2023-24 are as can be seen:
- Online Application Form as available on the website
- Curriculum Vitae, (in other words, Resume)
- Letters of Reference (at least two required)
- Research Proposal of the student
- Personal Statement (Area of study or Area of Interest in detail)
- English proficiency certificates (IELTS / TOEFL)
- The students must have a bachelor’s degree or above to apply for a master’s degree program.
- The students must have a master’s degree to apply for Ph.D. Degree Program
- Supervisor’s Acceptance Letter
- Academic thesis for the Ph.D. degree
Application Timeline for The University of Sydney Scholarships:
The application timeline for the University of Sydney Scholarships for international students is from 30th April 2023 to 30th September 2023.
Eligible students can apply online for University of Sydney Scholarships in light of the above.
- Fill out the appropriate section of the postgraduate research admissions application and check the box to be considered for research scholarships.
- Consult the RTP/UPA applicant information pack, the research experience guide, and the proof template to make sure your application has all the necessary supporting documentation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Applicants must be international students at the time of the award.
2. The University of Sydney International Scholarship holders are expected to enroll in a full-time postgraduate research degree.
The Sydney Scholars Awards offers opportunities for Year 12 students or equivalent, who are commencing their studies in 2023 to apply for scholarships valued at $6,000 p.a. (For Domestic as well as international students completing high school in Australia) and tenable for one year.