Applications are invited for Specialist Data Analyst at University of Queensland, Australia. The Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology (EAIT) has long, proud traditions of innovation and leadership across student education and research.
In just over a century, more than 33,000 Faculty graduates have gone on to use their UQ education to have significant impact on our state, our nation and across the world. We believe that lifelong success is fostered at UQ through great education – inspiring students to think differently, ask the difficult questions, be a positive disruptive influence, and fulfil every ounce of their potential.
Our research provides a rich and diverse flow of breakthrough technologies that are helping to improve communities around the world. From novel hydrogen storage and next generation polymers to biomedical engineering and mining safety, our research outcomes are solving problems for local and international communities, and our industry partners.
Our people are our greatest asset. We offer collaborative, inclusive work and study places, which are enriched by the significant diversity of our staff, students and community. We genuinely believe that creativity and innovation flourishes in an environment where people feel supported, valued and empowered. Mutual respect, inclusivity and accountability are at the cornerstone of UQ’s culture.
The Faculty is committed to supporting the career growth of women researchers and have a number of initiatives to support women in developing and achieving a fulfilling research career at the Faculty.
For more information about the Faculty, please visit: www.eait.uq.edu.au
About Specialist Data Analyst at University of Queensland, Australia
As Specialist Data Analyst you work with the Faculty Executive to provide high-level analytical support to the Executive Dean, Associate Deans and the Faculty Executive Manager.
Working across all areas of the Faculty, the successful candidate will be involved in data analysis, load planning, operational planning, institutional performance monitoring and reporting, process review and policy analysis.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake data analysis and process review to contribute to the efficient and effective delivery of administrative functions across the Faculty.
- Contribute to the University’s student load management and admissions processes, including preparation of the Faculty’s commencing load targets, investigation of retention and equity issues, academic program analysis and analysis of load and income projections.
- Develop and undertake research, data and policy analysis to provide well-informed strategic advice to support senior management decision making.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement easy to maintain, agile solutions to the Faculty’s key planning and performance measurement data needs.
For a full list of position duties, please see the attached position description.
This position reports to the Faculty Executive Manager and is located at our picturesque St Lucia campus, renowned as one of Australia’s most attractive university campuses, and located just 7km from Brisbane’s city centre. Bounded by the Brisbane River on three sides, and with outstanding public transport connections, our 114-hectare site provides a perfect work environment – you can enjoy the best of both worlds: a vibrant campus with the tradition of an established university.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a candidate who possesses at a minimum an undergraduate qualification in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics and/or Computer Science OR an equivalent combination of experience and/or education/training.
Alongside your high-level skills in statistical analysis (such as statistical Inference, Social Network Analysis, Machine Learning and Statistical modelling), the ideal candidate will additionally demonstrate:
- Experience with survey implementation and project management, with a firm general knowledge of a range of survey methodologies.
- High-level analytical skills, including demonstrated ability in quantitative data analysis and the analysis of policies, procedures, and other information to identify issues and solve problems.
- Strong skills in compiling, manipulating, and analysing complex datasets using either R or Python programming languages and tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, SPSS and the Microsoft Office suite.
- High-level written communication skills including the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate reports, briefing papers and submissions based on research and analysis.
For a full list of selection criteria, please see the embedded position description below.
You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to email@example.com.
What We Can Offer for Specialist Data Analyst at University of Queensland Australia
This is a full-time, fixed-term position of up to 12 months at HEW level 9.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $117,548 – $124,391, plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $137,532 – $145,537.
You will be able to take advantage of UQ Sport Facilities, recreation leave loading (of 17.5%), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare, discounted private health insurance, cheap parking, development programs and many other benefits.
For further information, please review The University of Queensland’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
For application queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job number in the subject line.
Want to Apply at University of Queensland?
To submit an application for this role, use the APPLY NOW button below. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing the key selection criteria found in the position description
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQCareers portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
Advertised: 17 Sep 2021
Applications close: 10 Oct 2021 (11:00 PM) E. Australia Standard Time