The successful candidate will contribute to the project by designing, implementing, and evaluating a metadata management framework for a Computational Neuroscience use case. This includes:
- Review of existing approaches and tools
- Requirement specification
- Conceptual design blueprint of implementation
- Proof-of-concept application to Computational Neuroscience
- Development of neuronal network models addressing Neuroscience questions
- Simulations of neuronal networks using HPC infrastructure
- Presentation and publication of the results
- Close interaction with team members and collaborators from INM-6, the Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) and the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ
- Exchange and networking within national (NFDI) and international (RDA, EOSC) initiatives and within the funding incubator platform HMC
- Completed study (Diploma/Master) in Physics, Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience or a related field
- Solid programming skills preferably in Python and/or C++; experience with Python libraries (e.g., NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, and pandas) is beneficial
- Experience with software development (e.g., version control with Git) and data organization (e.g., data bases with SQL and MySQL) is preferable
- Knowledge of relevant metadata standards and semantic techniques are beneficial
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and analysis of complex systems
- Keen interest in cognitive and systems neuroscience
- Interest in interdisciplinary projects
- Interest in collaborative work and good communication skills
- Good command of English
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- A highly motivated working group as well as an international and interdisciplinary working environment at one of Europe’s largest research establishments
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure
- Opportunity to participate in (international) conferences and project meetings
- Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
- Flexible working hours and 30 days of annual leave
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The position is initially for a fixed term of 3 Jahre years. Pay in line with 65 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
We look forward to receiving your application until 15.09.2021 via our
Questions about the vacancy?
Get in touch with us by using our contact form.
Please note that for technical reasons we cannot accept applications via email.