Details of Norwegian Russian Scholarships 2020
The total amount of available student grants annually is 30, 15 within Norwegian language and literature, 15 within other subjects. The grants can be awarded to students and academic staff at Russian institutions of higher education. Admission of a student for a two years program implies that the student is counted as a grant recipient for two years, reducing the number of available grants the following year.
Grants are offered at the following institutions:
- Oslo Metropolitan University
- UiT The Arctic University of Norway (merged with Narvik University College)
- University of Bergen
- Nord University (previously University of Nordland)
- University of Oslo
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Benefits under Norwegian Russian Scholarships 2020
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The students will not pay study fees (except a semester fee of approximately NOK 600 per semester)
- The students will receive a monthly grant equivalent to the rate for Norwegian students at the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (“Lånekassen”). As per January 2018, this is NOK 10 825 per month
- Travel costs are not covered (ref. Article 6 in the agreement)
- The students will normally be offered student accommodation, for which they pay the rent out of their grant (usually NOK 2 500 – 4 500 monthly)
- For summer school participants there are special rates, where accommodation, meals, book support and pocket money is included
Eligibility for Norwegian Russian Scholarships 2020
The scholarship scheme is available for Russian students interested in studying a semester or two in Norway.
Only students who are currently enrolled at a regular university study program or academic staff/teachers at universities or similar institutions are eligible for grants to summer courses.
Other grants are available to applicants who fulfil the announced language and educational requirements specified for each of the Norwegain Universities.
ll applications are submitted to the Russian Ministry of Education and Research
Information on the application process and application forms can also be found on the webpage for the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
For further information, please contact:
Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education (Diku): email@example.com