Leadership Development Scholarship Positions in the Netherlands
Fully Funded PhD scholarship position in Leadership Development at the Nijmegen School of Management, Radboud University, Netherlands.
Applications are invited for Fully Funded PhD in Leadership Development scholarship positions at the Nijmegen School of Management, Radboud University, Netherlands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and result-driven PhD applicant, who is looking forward to an interdisciplinary study with societal relevance. The position is part of the NWO-funded LEADER (LEAdership DEvelopment in Road transport) project, and will be supervised by Prof. Beatrice van der Heijden, Dr Jeroen de Jong, and Dr Ellen Rusman (Open Universiteit).
The LEADER project is funded by NWO’s Human Capital: Future of Work programme. The aims of this project are to study:
- how leadership of truck drivers can be optimised to improve sustainable employability
- the critical success factors for developing leaders in a context of learning communities within a road transport environment
- how learning communities can be designed and configured to support effective, adaptive and innovative collaboration networks that effect learning and working processes of leaders in road transport
As a PhD applicant you will specifically study the needs and practices of leaders in road transport, co-develop tools for learning communities in support of on-the-job leadership development, and conduct a quasi-experiment on the effectiveness of the learning communities. The project will integrate different fields of research, including leadership and leadership development, sustainable employability, learning networks, and mobile and seamless learning design of online learning tools. Depending on the phase of the research project, your job will require you to work on location at the Open Universiteit in Heerlen and at the Sectorinstituut Transport & Logistiek (STL) in Gouda.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under Leadership Development scholarship positions:
- Employment: 40 hours per week
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,395 per month, and will increase to €3,061 in the fourth year (salary scale P)
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- Duration of the contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- The intended start date is 15 December 2020
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
To be eligible for PhD in Leadership Development scholarship positions, applicants must have:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Occupational Psychology, Industrial Engineering & Management, or in a related field in the social sciences
- Academic excellence, as demonstrated by grade transcripts and CV
- A solid understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods and design-based research
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English and excellent communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Affinity with software design and development
- A proactive, result-driven and flexible working attitude
- The ability to finish your PhD thesis in time, which requires strong skills in project management, creativity, proactive behaviour, resilience, and excellent academic writing skills
Applicants for PhD in Leadership Development scholarship positions are required to submit:
- Letter of motivation explaining your motivation, your interest in the project, and your competencies
- Curriculum Vitae, including qualifications, grades, a list of academic publications (if applicable), and an academic reference supporting your application
- Proof of academic writing skills such as a chapter from your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis or an academic paper
Official Scholarship Position Link
Institute Name: Radboud University Netherlands
Last Date: August 30, 2020