Details of India Equity Scholarships 2020
The Sydney Scholars India Equity Scholarships is awarded to one exceptional Indian student from low socio-economic background commencing postgraduate coursework degree.
This scholarship financially supports commencing postgraduate coursework students from India.
Benefits under India Equity Scholarships 2020
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits under India Equity Scholarships:
- Full tuition fee of postgraduate studies – up to $45,000 per year
- Annual living allowance – $12,000 per year
- Textbooks and annual return flight to India – up to $3,000 per year
- Overseas Health Cover for the duration of program – single cover only
- Student Amenity Fees
- On-campus accommodation for the duration of the program will also be provided by the University in conjunction with the University Colleges.
Eligibility for India Equity Scholarships 2020
To be eligible for India Equity Scholarships, applicants must:
- Hold Indian citizenship and be a current resident of slum communities in Delhi, India where ASHA Society works. Proof of residency will be required.
- Have applied for but not yet commenced a postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Sydney at the time of application for the award.
- Meet all requirements set by Asha Community Health and Development Society (ASHA) and be recommended as a preferred candidate by this organization.
Selection Criteria for India Equity Scholarships
- The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit, financial need and personal statement assessed from a student’s application for admission to a postgraduate coursework degree.
- ASHA will work with the University of Sydney to identify potential candidates and make recommendations to Vice-Principal External Relations for their consideration.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the nomination of the Vice-Principal External Relations.
- The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
Scholarship recipients will be requested to promote the India Equity Scholarships, the program in which they are enrolled as well as represent the University of Sydney at student events, marketing events and corporate networking events. Costs of representing the University of Sydney at these functions will be met by the University of Sydney.
Application procedure for India Equity Scholarships 2020
No application required. Nominations will be made by the Asha Community Health and Development Society (ASHA).