Applications are invited to apply for the Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2021 in South Korea. All International Students from all over the world are eligible to apply for the GKS Bachelors Scholarship 2022. Korean Government Scholarship is available for all aspirants to undertake an Undergraduate Degree from Korean best Universities. This is the Fully Funded Scholarship designed for most talented students to complete their education from Korea. The award is available for academic session of 2022-23.
GKS Scholarship is offering almost all academic fields and majors under this scholarship to complete bachelors degree. Total 220 awards will be given to selected candidates in which 125 using Embassy Track and 95 using University Track. The scholarship will cover all the expenses to study in Korea. The Scholarship duration is 5 Years including 1 Year Language course and 4 Years Degree program.
There is separate application procedure and application deadline for every embassy and each university. You have to contact them to get more information regarding this. But normally the deadline will over in September or in Early October.
Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2022 Details:
- Degree level: Undergraduate Degree
- Total No. of awards: 220
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: South Korea
- Last Date: 20 October 2021.
Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2022 in South Korea for International Students is a Full Free Scholarship to study abroad. It will provide all the expenses. Detail is given below:
- Complete Tuition Fee will be given.
- Living Allowance
- Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Research Support
- Printing Costs (Dissertation)
- Completion Grant
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
List of Available Study Fields for GKS Scholarship 2022:
Applicants can choose any study field from given below study areas:
- Liberal Arts & Social Science
- Natural Science
- Entertainment & Sports
- Applicants an their Parents having any nationality other than Korean are eligible to apply for Korean Scholarship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are Not eligible to apply.
- Must be under 25 years of age (born after March 1, 1997)
- Applicant must have High School Certificate before 28th February 2022, or expected to be graduate before 28th February 2022.
- All applicants must be mentally and physically fit, to study in Korea for the full time degree or research programs.
- Candidate can’t Apply for More than One Track:
- Applying to both Embassy track and University tracks (regional university track for Natural Science and engineering majors, and associate degree track) is strictly forbidden
- Applying to both tracks within the university tracks (Regional university track for Natural Science and Engineering majors and Associate Degree track) is strictly forbidden
- For the university track applicant, one can only apply to one university and one major.
Note: If an applicant is found to have applied to more than one track, he/she will be disqualified for this scholarship.
While applying for Korean Scholarship, applicants have to submit following documents:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- Letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicants Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Certificate of High School Graduation
- High School Transcripts
- Proof of Citizenship
- Parents Proof of Citizenship
Embassy Track: Candidate have to submit ONE set of original documents and THREE sets of photocopied documents for this application.
University Track : Applicants have to submit ONE set of original documents.
The Deadline for the Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2022 in South Korea is Set by Each Korean Embassy or University that Accepts Applications. All applicants must check the last date to apply for GKS by contacting the relevant embassy or desired university.
About GKS Scholarship Tracks:
Embassy Track: Total Awards: 115
Under this Track applicants have to submit their application documents to the Embassy of the The Republic of Korea in their countries of citizenship and can apply to all available fields of study offered by 38 universities.
University Track: Total Awards: 95
The Regional University Track is only for Natural Science & Engineering Majors. Applicants who plan to apply to GKS through the University Track must submit their applications
to the university of their choice.
Applicants of the University Track must choose the option “General” for the type of application.
How to Apply for Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships?
There are two processes to apply for Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2021. Embassy Track or University Track. You have to follow only one procedure. You cannot apply in both tracks. Detailed procedure is given below:
Apply using Embassy:
Any Field of Studies or Major Except Pharmacy, Dentistry, Medicine, Architecture. The embassy will provide you detailed instruction of application.
Contact with Korean Embassy in Your Country and get detail about scholarship opening. Because using this track embassies have to send selected applicants list to NIIED.
Apply directly to University:
Only Engineering and Natural Science Majors Except architecture, dentistry, Medicine, the pharmacy can apply using University Track.
You have to choose one university from the provided universities list given above and apply in that university. University will nominate your name and will send your application to NIIED and they will make the final selection. Official advertisement link is given below: