Freemasons University Scholarships 2021 at New Zealand
Fully or Partial Funded Scholarship Positions to study in New Zealand
Applications are invited for Partially Funded Freemasons University Scholarships 2021 at New Zealand universities to study abroad. Last Date: October 01, 2020.
The Freemasons Scholarships at New zealand are provided annually, funded, and administered by The Freemasons Charity. The Freemasons Scholarships are to assist able students who are active in their involvement in the community, to complete their university education in their chosen field.
This year eight Postgraduate Scholarships of $10,000 each and 20 University Scholarships of $6,000 each will be offered to students attending thses universities: Auckland, AUT, Waikato, Massey, Victoria, Canterbury, Lincoln, and Otago.
Successful scholars are expected to use their scholarship to defray expenses related to their attendance at University.
To be eligible for Freemasons University Scholarships, applicants must:
- Have a good academic record; and
- Be a New Zealand citizen or hold Permanent New Zealand residency; and
- Demonstrate good citizenship; and
- Show leadership potential; and
- Have proven community commitment.
The Freemasons University Scholarships will be awarded without regard to gender, ethnic background, creed or age. Family association with Freemasonry is not a criterion for the award of a scholarship. However, Freemasons have a tradition of caring for their community and will assist those who contribute back to the community.
A Selection Committee is appointed in each university district. The Committee invites short-listed candidates for an interview in February or March. If selected you must attend. All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 31 March 2021. The Committee will have regard not only to the academic ability of the candidates and to referees’ reports, but also to their character and citizenship, and will look for evidence of involvement in the cultural and/or sporting life of the community or campus.
Application forms for Freemasons University Scholarships are available only on the Freemasons website. Freemasons Scholarships are available to students who are enrolled at one of the eight participating universities: Auckland, Auckland University of Technology (AUT), Waikato, Massey, Victoria, Canterbury, Lincoln, and Otago.
The Committee will use the following information to assess your application:
- A certified copy of your university academic record
- A Curriculum Vitae
- An academic reference of 150 words or more written by the applicant and endorsed by a relevant academic
- A statement of community involvement of 150 words or more written by the applicant and endorsed by one or more Referees
- Or an academic reference supplied by a current member of faculty forwarded (on your request) to the Scholarships Office at your University with your statement of community involvement.
OFFICIAL APPLY LINK
Institute Name: New Zealand Universities
Country: New Zealand
Last Date: October 01, 2020